Re: Linked Data Book in Early Access Release

On Dec 6, 2012, at 11:59, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com> wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2012, at 11:51, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>
>> Excerpts from David Wood's message of 2012-12-06 14:03:34 +0000:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Great news!  Manning's publisher and Webmaster helped us to publish some LD about the book on Manning's site.  In my opinion, that is much, much better than doing it ourselves on a separate site.
>>>
>>> There is a now an RDF icon on:
>>> http://manning.com/dwood/
>>> …that links to:
>>> http://manning.com/dwood/LinkedData.ttl
>>>
>>> We will continue to build out the LD as the book progresses.  Suggestions for content welcome.
>> great news!
>>
>> still it looks like having http://manning.com/dwood i can't discover http://manning.com/dwood/LinkedData.ttl following a common convention? what options we could have for that?
>> * content type negotiation and redirect -  303?
>> * link relation in head of document?
>
> I'll ask about a link in the head.  It seems easiest.

Yep, that's done.  Manning was able to insert a link header easily (I was afraid they might not be able to write raw HTML, but they can).

This seems like good guidance for anyone wishing to provide LD the easiest possible way: Add a Turtle file, link to it and provide a link header.  Of course, we need to live with a bogus HTTP Content-Type, but that's unfortunately quite common even for people who control their own server.

Thanks again to Manning for the quick response!

Regards,
Dave
--
http://about.me/david_wood