Re: Linked Data Book in Early Access Release

On 12/5/12 9:36 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 5 December 2012 14:56, David Wood <david@3roundstones.com
> <mailto:david@3roundstones.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Dec 5, 2012, at 08:46, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com
>     <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     > On 12/5/12 7:55 AM, David Wood wrote:
>     >> On Dec 5, 2012, at 06:34, Chris Beer<chris@codex.net.au
>     <mailto:chris@codex.net.au>>  wrote:
>     >>
>     >>> ><snip>
>     >>> >
>     >>>>> >>>http://www.manning.com/dwood/  itself doesn't seam to
>     have any Linked Data
>     >>>>> >>>to consume;)
>     >>> >
>     >>> >Makes sense to me - if you know enough to look for LD
>     resources at the
>     >>> >manning.com/dwood/ <http://manning.com/dwood/> URI, you've
>     just self evaluated that you probably don't
>     >>> >need the book! :P
>     >> I agree - and have been speaking with Manning about this.
>      Unfortunately, I haven't made any progress yet.  I'll keep trying!
>     >>
>     >> Thanks for the mail.  Perhaps I can use it as proof to Manning
>     that people do want LD on their site.
>     >>
>     >> Regards,
>     >> Dave
>     >>
>     >>
>     > Dave,
>     >
>     > They have to understand that its sorta contradictory if they
>     need to be convinced of this matter :-)
>
>     Oh, I see your point and have made it myself.  Unfortunately,
>     economics seems to be dictating otherwise to them for right or wrong.
>
>     The only productive suggestion that has been made to me is to put
>     up a parallel site for the book that includes LD.  Michael
>     Hausenblas has offered the domain linkeddatadeveloper.com
>     <http://linkeddatadeveloper.com>, which was his original site for
>     the book but has fallen into disuse.  Of course, I would need to
>     be willing to pay for the site and take the time to operate it.
>

> How about this?
>
> http://linked.data.fm/book.html
>
> It's also LDP compliant ;)

Where is the Linked Data ? At the very least, make it user agent
discoverable. For instance, if the user agent only groks HTML and Web
Linking patterns, place a reference in <link/> within <head/> to an
actual RDF document (e.g., one bearing Turtle content that describes the
Book). For HTTP oriented user agents, you can repeat the pattern via
"Link:" response headers.

Linked Data should be discoverable via Follow-Your-Nose link exploration
patterns :-)

>     Would the community find that a useful thing to do?  I am willing
>     to go to the effort if I receive a good number of positive responses.
>
>     Regards,
>     Dave

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software