Re: Access Control Lists, Policies and Business Models

On 8/17/12 9:00 AM, Adrian Walker wrote:
> Hi Kingsley & All,
>
> Facebook Access Tokens have a fairly fine grain, but for flexibility,
> and for explaining complex access decisions, the reasoning approach in
> the following example may be worth a look:
>
> www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/Access.agent
> <http://www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/Access.agent>
>
> As you may see, with this approach one can reason about an
> organization chart, and about which roles can delegate which permissions.

Simple example, how do I express the following:

1. you can only sign up if you are no greater than 1 degree of
separation from TimBL, in a social network
2. you can only access a resource if you are known by TimBL
3. you can alter (e.g. extend membership) a resource ACL rule if you
claim to know TimBL and he also claims to know you.

Those rules are just the elementary level stuff. I can assure you that
there are no OAuth solutions in the Web 2.0 realm that can handle that,
let alone the kind of dexterity that Linked Data, WebID, and the SPARQL
protocol bring to the table re. ACLs and data access policies :-)

Links:

1. https://plus.google.com/s/acl%20webid%20sparql%20idehen -- posts
about WebID, ACLs, Linked Data, and SPARQL .

Kingsley