Re: Facebook Linked Data

On 9/27/11 2:53 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:11:29 -0400
> Tim rdf<timrdf@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> <http://purl.org/twc/id/person/TimLebo>
>>     a foaf:Person;
>>     owl:sameAs
>>                <http://graph.facebook.com/24407945#>
> Personally, I'd say:
>
> <http://purl.org/twc/id/person/TimLebo>
> 	a foaf:Person ;
> 	foaf:account<http://graph.facebook.com/24407945#>  .

Toby,

That works, but you lose out on the owl:sameAs reasoning front when
consolidating data from both data spaces [1]. Of course, in my case I am
using URIBurner to transform data from the likes of Facebook, LinkedIn,
Google etc., with this kind of union expansion in mind :-)

Links:

1. https://plus.google.com/s/owl%3AsameAs%20kidehen -- nearly accurate
G+ search URL that will deliver a collection of posts and examples re.
how I use owl:sameAs for data consolidation across a disparate data spaces

2. http://uriburner.com -- clicking on a button of choice will produce a
linked data graph with URIs that enable further use re. owl:sameAs
reasoning and resulting union expansion etc..

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen