Re: Question: Authoritative URIs for Geo locations? Multi-lingual labels?

There is an XML file here [1] from which you will be able to extract a list of Canadian administrative entities down to the County level.  Quebec "Natural Counties" are simply treated as a mirror image of Quebec "Counties".  The geo coverage overlaps, the language changes.  This is the abstraction mentioned between Spatial Thing and Spatial Object mentioned by data.gov.uk

The Library of Congress ID server has Canada down to the Province/Territory level, but has both Country (=Spatial Thing) and Geographic Area (=Spatial Object) ID's.  "Designing URI Sets for the UK Public Sector" recommendations can be followed (INSPIRE Theme codes, etc.) even though the URI syntax is a bit different.

--Gannon

[1] http://www.rustprivacy.org/sun/spookville/shp/CA.xml