Re: Address Bar URI

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:47:27 +0100
To: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
CC: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, public-lod@w3.org
David Wood wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:40, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> We don't believe is forcing issues on end-users by disrupting them via actions such as: implementing a Linked Data URI style for something like DBpedia that works modulo IE 6.
>
> I respect your position, but I do :)

Under what scenario would DBPedia have ever returned a 30x response with
a frag-uri in the Location header?

If I understand the IE6 issue being discussed correctly, the bug only
occurred when IE6 followed a 302 with a frag in the Location. And even
if that were the case, how would that have any consequence to the end
user, surely it's a slight inconvenience for the server only, which
would have to absolute~ify the frag-URI first?