Re: Explaining the benefits of http-range14 (was Re: [HTTP-range-14] Hyperthing: Semantic Web URI Validator (303, 301, 302, 307 and hash URIs) )

Hi,

On 19 October 2011 18:44, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> So, can we turn things on their head a little. Instead of starting out
>> from a position that we *must* have two different resources, can we
>> instead highlight to people the *benefits* of having different
>> identifiers?
>
> But you don't have two different resources. Please correct me if I am
> reading you inaccurately here, but are you saying that:
>
> http://dbpedia.org/resource/Linked Data and http://dbpedia.org/page/Linked
> Data == two different resources?
>
> I see:
>
> 1. 2 URIs
> 2. a generic URI (serving as a Name) and a purpose specific URI called a URL
> that serves as a data access address -- still two identifiers albeit split
> by function .

RFC3983:

"A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact sequence of
characters that identifies an abstract or physical resource."

2 URIs, therefore 2 resources.

Cheers,

L.

--