Re: Address Bar URI

From: David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:14:32 -0400
Cc: public-lod@w3.org
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
On Oct 19, 2011, at 10:02, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 10/19/11 8:49 AM, Paul Wilton wrote:
>> what is this IE6 that you talk about ?
>>
>> :)
>
> Internet Explorer 6. The browser that still dominates market share across WWW end-users :-)

...with less than 5% market share as of last March [1].  Also, most of those reported instances of IE6 usage may be due to the AVG Linkscanner bot, which uses an IE6 ID string [2].

I know IE6 has been a thorn in our sides for years, but maybe it is time to let it go.

Regards,
Dave

[1] http://www.sitepoint.com/ie6-usage-below-5-percent-browser-trends/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers#Overestimation