Re: Address Bar URI

On 10/18/11 7:54 AM, Jonathan Rees wrote:
> Can someone remind me why people are using 303 at all, as opposed to
> hash URIs in the #_ or #it pattern?
>
> I've been trying to make a compelling case for 303 over hash, without
> much success.
>
> What would be most valuable is war stories, especially ones that
> answer questions that have been left unanswered in the previous thread
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Sep/0003.html and in
> the writeup http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/awwsw/issue57/latest/#hash
>
> Thanks
> Jonathan

I think that had a lot to do with IE and the desire to boostrap Linked
Data in a manner that worked across all browsers.

Links:

1.
http://jamespreston.co.uk/Articles/RedirectingIE6ToUrlWithFragmentIdentifier.html
-- here is a 2007 post about the problem

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen