Re: SPARQL Federated Query Clients

Hi Jyoti,

there is currently some development going on in this area. Please find a
short overview below.

First, there is Sesame [1]. We are currently working on an integration of
the SPARQL 1.1 federation extensions into core Sesame. A release of the new
version is planned in around 2-3 weeks.

Then there is FedX [2], a federation SAIL for Sesame with sophisticated
optimizations for federated query processing. Allthough FedX does not yet
support SPARQL 1.1, it is capable of executing SPARQL queries against a
federation of pre-configured SPARQL endpoints. Note that FedX automatically
performs source selection (on the registered sources), and thus does not
need the endpoints specified explicitely via SERVICE by the user. FedX
provides a command line interface to allow for fast interaction, and an
integration of SPARQL 1.1 is scheduled for the next few weeks.

Besides these projects there are some research projects dealing with
federated query processing: SPLENDID [3], SPARQL DQP [4] and DARQ [5].

Best,
 Andreas