Re: ANN: Modular Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)

Hi folks

Maybe a good way to capture the fact that MUTO has used previous works, but
with significant changes making difficult to assert equivalences at element
level such as equivalentClass etc, would be is to assert link at vocabulary
(ontology) level, using for example the property
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/doc#derivedFrom

<http://purl.org/muto/core>  doc:derivedFrom  <
http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/>
<http://purl.org/muto/core>  doc:derivedFrom  <http://moat-project.org/ns>

etc.

Such assertions could be added to other cross-vocabulary links at e.g.,
http://labs.mondeca.com/dataset/lov/details/vocabulary_muto.html. Actually
"derivedFrom" and "derivativeWork" should be mentioned in VOAF.

BTW if the honorable creator of http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/doc is
following this thread (he might/should) he could benefit of it to revisit
the definitions of doc:derivedFrom and doc:derivativeWork, inverse
properties with the same definition "A work wholey or partly used in the
creation of this one." Guess it is OK for the former, but not the latter :)

Best

Bernard

--
*Bernard Vatant
*

*Mondeca**          **                   *
3 cité Nollez 75018 Paris, France
www.mondeca.com
Follow us on Twitter : @mondecanews <http://twitter.com/#%21/mondecanews>