Re: ANN: Modular Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)

On 11/17/11 9:34 AM, Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are pleased to announce version 1.0 release of the "Modular Unified
> Tagging Ontology (MUTO)". MUTO is an attempt to unify the core
> concepts of existing tagging ontologies (such as TAGS, TagOnt, MOAT,
> etc.) in one consistent schema. We reviewed available ontologies and
> created a compact core ontology (in OWL Lite) that supports different
> forms of tagging, such as private, group, automatic, and semantic
> tagging. MUTO should thus not be considered as yet another tagging
> ontology but as a unification of existing approaches. We hope it will
> be useful to the community and a helpful starting point for future
> extensions.
>
> For more information, please see the specification at
> http://purl.org/muto/core# (redirect to http://muto.socialtagging.org)
>
> Best,
> Steffen

Great stuff!

Wondering if you could add rdfs:isDefinedBy relations to this ontology?
Doing so makes it much more navigable.

Here's the current state of affairs showcasing limited TBox navigability:

1. http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://purl.org/muto/core
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fmuto%2Fcore%23tagMeaning&urilookup=1
.

Once you add the isDefinedBy relations, the ontology description page
becomes the launch pad for powerful FYN exploration across both the
ontology TBox and and associated ABox.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com