Re: Aemoo: exploring knowledge through pattern lenses

Hi Valentina,

>> [4] http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/owl/

nice approach - however, it would be much better if you supported content negotiation for the resources and provided HTML and Turtle and maybe OWL Abstract syntax in parallel to RDF/XML.

You could take the same route that www.productontology.org is using for class definitions:

Class Identifier	http://www.productontology.org/id/Hammer
Representation		http://www.productontology.org/doc/Hammer
RDF/XML 		http://www.productontology.org/doc/Hammer.rdf
N3/Turtle 		http://www.productontology.org/doc/Hammer.ttl
HTML			http://www.productontology.org/doc/Hammer.html

So in your case, it would be

Pattern identifier	http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/id/Game
Representation		http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/doc/Game
RDF/XML 		http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/doc/Game.owl
N3/Turtle 		http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/doc/Game.ttl
HTML			http://www.ontologydesignpatterns.orh/ekp/doc/Game.html

with proper content-negotiation and maybe semantic links via foaf:page, rdfs:isDefinedBy, and wdrs:describedby.

That would make your wealth of patterns way more accessible from a Linked Open Data perspective. After all, RDF/XML as a syntax does not really communicate the essence of conceptual structures very well for humans.

Martin