Re: Best Practice for Renaming OWL Vocabulary Elements

Glenn,

it's not feasible, nor enforceable, nor desirable to develop ontologies
entirely with random URIs as identifiers. I am of the opinion that local
names should indeed be designed with meaningful names in mind last but not
least to improve the ontology engineering process. Though that said there
might be exceptions such as NLP and ML where automatic tagging and ontology
creation with random URIs can useful, but that's a special use case.

Marco

--
Marco Neumann
KONA

Make sure to join us at the Semantic Technology Conference 2011 in San
Francisco and save 15% with the coupon code STMN
http://www.lotico.com/evt/stc2011/