Re: Think before you write Semantic Web crawlers

> Sorry, but if paying for a service is what is required to protect
> publishers from massive abuse of their resources

No, not what I meant. You can also implement simple methods already
discussed here. Now if your provider does not support that, then you'd be
better off changing to another provider that does. As with any technological
advance, the slower businesses are left behind. As for paying or not, I'm
sure there will be creative people able to create a business model that will
balance the technological requirements and user demand.

> I will personally email every Drupal user account on drupal.org and tell
> them to turn of RDF module

Radical, no?
If the Drupal RDF module takes up significantly more resources to generate
its output as compared to the HTML and other renderers, then YES, it should
protect itself. Instead of e-mailing every Drupal user, e-mail the Drupal
RDF module developers and request them to implement protection.

Cheers,
Pablo