Re: Think before you write Semantic Web crawlers

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:34:52 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
On 6/22/11 8:29 PM, Andreas Harth wrote:
> I am glad you brought up the issue, as there are several data providers
> out there (some with quite prominent names) with hundreds of millions of
> triples, but unable to sustain lookups every couple of seconds or so.
But that's quite general a statement you make.

What about the fact that the data providers have configured their
systems such that lookups aren't performed by anyone every couple of
seconds or so? That pinhole is enough fooder for DoS in Web context :-)

Kingsley Idehen
President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com