Re: WebID and pets -- was: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 20 Jun 2011, at 02:48, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 19 June 2011 20:42, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>>
>> On 19 Jun 2011, at 20:15, Danny Ayers wrote:
>>
>>> Only personal Henry, but have you tried the Myers-Briggs thing - I
>>> think you used to be classic INTP/INTF - but once you got WebID in
>>> your sails it's very different. These things don't really allow for
>>> change.
>>
>> Is there a page where I can find this out in one click? Looks like those pages ask all kinds of questions that require detailed and complicated answers. I am surprised anyone ever answers those things. It's certainly more complex than the Object/Document distinction ;-)
>
> Myers Briggs is based on the Jungian analysis of mythology and
> personality types, with a few additions.  Myths being public dreams,
> and dreams being private myths.

I think Jung based a lot of his thinking on the iChing which he mentions a lot
and for the most famous german translation of which he even wrote an introduction.
As it happens the iChing does require of you just one click. It asks the universe
to answer what change you are undergoing.

   http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?no=0&l=Yijing

So as opposed to personality analysis which is fixed apparently, this is easy
to use - though quite complex and open to interpretation.

> The personality types are the lens from which we interpret the inner
> and outer universal symbols.  e.g. Intuitively / Analytically / Senses
> / Feeling.  But the symbols themselves are often the more fascinating
> parts.

yes, the inner/outer distinction also comes from the iChing. The upper trigram represents the outer, the lower trigram represents the inner. Btw, these trigrams even appear in the UTF-8 symbols.

> An interesting parallel here is the relation to Jung's archetypes of
> the unconscious and WebID.  Both in your dreams, and in mythology, you
> have symbols where are metaphors that reference some universal
> concept.  WebID is of course a reference to the self ( foaf : Person
> ).

Perhaps to the self that is only as much as the strength of his links to others.

> As many of the myths we live with today are 100s of years out of date,
> and people are searching for something new, perhaps WebID can become a
> modern symbol, to determine or even evangelize the new personality
> type of society, post information revolution :)

I see it more as a tool that by tying in people into the network will grow the
network of semantic web supporters and evangelisers.

Perhaps it can become mythical. The URL should be by now :-)

Henry

>>> Only slightly off-topic, very relevant here, need to pin down WebID in
>>> a sense my dogs can understand.
>>
>> Ok. So you need to give each of your dogs and cats a webid enabled RDFID chip that can publish webids to other animals with similarly equipped chips when they sniff them. From the frequence and length of sniffs  you can work out the quality of the relationships. On coming home for food, this data could be uploaded automatically to your web server to their foaf file. These relationships could then be used to allow their pals access to parts of your house. For example good friends of your dog, could get a free meal once a week. You could also use that to tie up friendship with their owners, by the master-of-pet relationships, and give them special ability to tag their pet photos. Masters of my dogs friends could be potential friends. If you get these pieces working right you could set up a business with a strong viral potential, perhaps the strongest on the net.
>>
>> Here to make my point:
>>

>>> The Myers-Briggs thing is intuitively rubbish. But with only one or
>>> two posts in the ground, it does seem you can extrapolate.

>>> --
>>> http://danny.ayers.name
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/