Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

On 15 Jun 2011, at 01:07, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>> Google won't scrap schema.org because your thought experiment proved that it's not “semantically clear.”
>
> Richard, that wasn't the point. You mocked the idea that "semantically
> clear" could be defined. I responded with an attempt.

I have no interest in theoretical discussions that are detached from application.

>> I think that we are beyond the point where that kind of extremely idealised account is useful for evaluating web technologies.
>
> We will agree to disagree then. Perhaps in another thread you will say
> what *will* be useful for evaluating web technologies.

Adoption trends, ergonomics, fit with the existing technology ecosystem, existence of migration paths, marketability, potential of network effects.

Best,
Richard