Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle [was Re: Schema.org in RDF ...]

re

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 08:33:47PM -0700, Pat Hayes wrote:
> But if you are a semantic inference engine, and you get the dog and its
> picture muddled, will you likely generate a lot of nonsensical assertions?
> Answer, Yes, you will. Which is the key point at issue here.

We should be able to present the user a lot of sensical assertions (and maybe
some nonsensical ones) if we know he is concerned with information about dogs
instead of information about pictures.

Anyway - I think special purpose reasoners will play a much bigger role in the
near future than general purpose reasoners because they perform better with
big and messy data.

And publishers will start to differenciate between dogs and pictures of dogs as
soon as it provides them added value. Until that day, we will have to live
with the situation and try to nudge people in the right direction (which
includes httprange-14). But mass adoption means messy data in any case.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer