Re: Schema.org in RDF ...

On 6/12/11 1:00 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> Here is the problem, as I know it. We are using hyperlinks as a
> mechanism for data representation via HTTP URI based Names. The URI
> abstraction caters for two things: Names and Addresses. When trying to
> untangle the unintuitive nature of HTTP URIs as a Naming mechanism for
> Things (e.g., real world entities or objects), a narrative have
> emerged aimed at tacking the "hyperlink usage ambiguity problem" and
> its emerged in a manner expands the ambiguity to generality whereas
> this is just a function of Name mechanism choice.
Meant to say:

Here is the problem, as I know it. We are using hyperlinks as a
mechanism for data representation via HTTP URI based Names. The URI
abstraction caters for two things via *Schemes*: Names and Addresses.
When trying to untangle the unintuitive nature of HTTP URIs, as a Naming
mechanism for Things (e.g., real world entities or objects), a narrative
have emerged aimed at *tackling* the "hyperlink usage ambiguity problem"
and its emerged in a manner expands the aforementioned ambiguity to
generality whereas this is just a function of HTTP scheme based Names.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen