Re: Silk - Link Discovery Framework Version 2.4 release

Paola,

As you can easily see in the Version History substantial development has
happened with SILK since the LOD2 project was started:

http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/silk/#history

You are right, SILK existed before LOD2 as did some other tools which
are further developed during the LOD2 project. However, there are also a
number of new developments such as DBpedia Spotlight [1], the Digital
Agenda Scoreboard [2] or LIMES [3].

The main development of LOD2 is actually an integrated stack of new
*and* substantially improved tools for Linked Data life-cycle
management. We are currently heavily working on the stack, which will be
released in September.

I understand your concern wrt. the efficiency of research, but as LOD2
coordinator I can assure you, that we do our best to give the European
taxpayer as much bang for the buck as possible. I fact you can easily
keep track of all the LOD2 activities on the LOD2 blog, publications and
deliverables posted at: http://lod2.eu

Best,

Sören

[1] http://dbpedia.org/spotlight
[2]
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/digital-agenda/scoreboard/graphs/index_en.htm
[3] http://aksw.org/Projects/LIMES/

PS: The two 2010 dates you spotted on top in the SILK version history
were clearly typos and are now corrected.