Re: Proposal to assess the quality of Linked Data sources

On 24 February 2011 19:00, Annika Flemming <annika.flemming@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> two months ago I presented the findings of my diploma thesis in this mailing
> list. The aim of my thesis is to draw up a set of criteria to assess the
> quality of Linked Data sources. My findings included 11 criteria, each
> comprising a set of so-called indicators. These indicators constitute a
> measurable aspect of a criterion and, thus, allow for the assessment of the
> quality of a data source w.r.t the criteria.
>
> Since then, I developed a valuation system to assess the quality of a data
> source based on these criteria and indicators. One part of the valuation
> system is a generic formalism to represent quality assessment formally. The
> second part is a proposal of actual valuation methods for the indicators.
> My proposal can be found here:
> http://www2.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~flemming/Proposal.pdf

Nice paper.  An idea to add CORS?

http://www.w3.org/wiki/CORS_Enabled

[reproduced for convenience] ...

What is this about?

CORS is a specification that enables true open access across domain boundaries.

Why is this important?

Currently, client-side scripts (e.g., Javascript) are prevented from
accessing much of the Web of Linked Data due to "same origin"
restrictions implemented in all major Web browsers.

While enabling such access is important for all data, it is especially
important for Linked Open Data and related services; without this, our
data simply is not open to all clients.

If you have public data which doesn't use require cookie or session
based authentication to see, then please consider opening it up for
universal javascript/browser access.

For CORS access to anything other than simple, non auth protected
resources please see this full write up on Cross Origin Request
Security.
How can I participate?

To give Javascript clients basic access to your resources requires
adding one HTTP Response Header, namely:

 Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *

This is compatible with both XHR XMLHttpRequest and XDR
XDomainRequest, and is supported by all the major Web browsers.