Re: EEML: Extended Environments Markup Language

This is really an interesting project, Myriam. Thanks for having pointed it out.

I have however some concerns about the generated RDF/XML code.

I've just used the inContext-Sensing application and searched for data
from Dec, 26th to Dec, 28th, 2011 (Pachube view ID 17475), but I get
an invalid RDF/XML document (attached).

Besides syntax errors (namely, the use of kind of "blank" namespace
prefix - e.g. <:SensingContext ... /> ), the returned RDF/XML code
includes a couple of issues. E.g.
- the URI of what is clearly a FOAF profile used in a namespace
declaration (why??)
- the official namespace URI of the DCMI Metadata Terms is
http://purl.org/dc/terms/, and not
http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/dcterms/ (which is the namespace URI
for the RSS module for Qualified DC, and thus it is meant to be used
in RSS feeds, not in RDF/XML documents)

I would also like to ask whether the RDF/XML document can be directly
accessed via a URL. As far as I could see, the corresponding RDF/XML
code is just embedded into the HTML page, and then displayed in a
pop-up.

Andrea

--
Andrea Perego, Ph.D.
European Commission DG JRC

SDI Unit: http://sdi.jrc.ec.europa.eu

----
The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may
not in any circumstances be regarded as stating an official
position of the European Commission.