IUCN Red List and national Red Lists in RDF

From: Yury Katkov <katkov.juriy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:44:53 +0400
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Cc: Olexandr Bobko <haidamaka@ukr.net>
Hello everyone!

I have several question about biological linked data.

We want to start a project in RDFizing the Ukrainian National Red Book
and regional Red Books of the former Soviet Union Republics. I have a
question about that: does anybody know where the International IUCN
Red List or similar data about the rare, endangered, endemic and
extinct species can be found?
Another question is about species themselves: have anybody seen the
information about species distribution in structured or
semi-structured forms? In other words the information about where the
animals and plants live. I know only Geospecies are there more
datasources?

Sincerely yours,

Yury V. Katkov
WikiVote! llc,
Laboratory of Intelligent systems in St Petersburg University NRU ITMO
http://ailab.ifmo.ru