Re: CKAN lodcloud metadata: links:xxx and format-xx values

Thanks, Keith!

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Keith Alexander
<k.j.w.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Tim rdf <timrdf@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Q: Or, could a description be added for how to determine a dataset ID
>> for, say, DBPedia and
>> http://thedatahub.org/dataset/stw-thesaurus-for-economics?
>>

> The dataset ID is the package name  - in this case
> "stw-thesaurus-for-economics".

Thanks. I _eventually_ figured that out, but was hoping to get the
documentation changed to include another comment for how to determine
"xxx"
in where it is mentioned at
http://www.w3.org/wiki/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
(is this document still alive?)

>> Similarly,
>> "format-<prefix> A vocabulary used by the data set, e.g., format-skos,
>> format-dc, format-foaf"
>> does not lead to a convincing list of the prefixes that can be used
>> (or do I just depend on prefix.cc?
>>
> In the LATC project, we  generate RDF from the CKAN/thedatahub descriptions

ooh! Is this available as code or a service? That's exactly what we
need to do (and would rather NOT reinvent).

> for http://dsi.lod-cloud.net/ and use http://prefix.cc to map the prefixes
> to vocabulary URIs.

Sounds reasonable. Again, I'd hope that Those Who Can update
http://www.w3.org/wiki/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
to note that prefix.cc is/could be used to decipher the prefix in format-xxx.

Best,
Tim