Re: Names Added to ID.LOC.GOV

Hi Kevin,

I made a cross reference with the Countries XML and Geographic Areas XML files (unmodified), in HTML with XSLT [1].  It's a full text search of Regions, not sure this qualifies as Linked Data, but might enable you to find some trouble spots in the ID back end.

The US State ID's will be easy to join with the Census Gazetteer tables[2] (my plans).  You have ID's for the US and Canada.  I'd like Mexico too, but as long as I'm asking ... the UN LOCODE db has a subdivision table which covers the world[3].  It has some diacritic problems which would have to be fixed, but it is an order of magnitude bigger than MARC 21.

--Gannon

[1] http://tinyurl.com/3role28
[2] http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html
[3] http://live.unece.org/cefact/codesfortrade/codes_index.html