Re: Vocabulary for weather data logging?

Hi Nick,

I recently put together

http://metoffice.dataincubator.org/

I used http://purl.org/ns/meteo# for most of the modelling, though you
might need different vocabulary for observations rather than
forecasts.

I also created some new terms here:

https://github.com/kwijibo/metoffice.dataincubator.org/blob/master/metoffice.vocab.ttl

You can get the latest forecast for a metoffice forecast location as
turtle by going to:

http://metoffice.dataincubator.org/areas/{area_code}/{place_code}/forecast-channel
eg:
http://metoffice.dataincubator.org/areas/os/lerwick/forecast-channel

FWIW, I modelled temperatures as resources, with a meteo:celcius
property. I think Sean Palmer (meteo's author)
 was doing the modelling like that, and Toby Inkster also recommended
that modelling to me, eg:

<http://metoffice.dataincubator.org/temperatures/celcius/13>
 meteo:celsius 13 ;
 meteo:farenheit 55.4 ;
 .

I also put up http://purl.org/net/compass#  for wind directions etc,
which might be useful.

I'd be interested in collaborating to get our data well linked and
interoperable (if it talks about some of the same places and things).

Cheers,

Keith

ps: I have no indepth knowledge about weather, so any corrections on
modelling, spelling, and other basic assumptions are welcome.