Re: 15 Ways to Think About Data Quality (Just for a Start)

On 4/12/11 10:30 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:

>     In addition to my prior comments, you could have looked up the
>     source of the subjectively errant assertion
>

> So you call "Michael Jackson owl:sameAs Michael Rodrick" a
> "subjectively errant assertion"? I definitely don't know what you mean
> by "subjective".
>
>     via its source named graph:
>     http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=2
>     <http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=2>
>     . Or you could have just followed the link:
>     http://lod.openlinksw.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsw.opencyc.org%2F2008%2F06%2F10%2Fconcept%2FMx4rvWuBAJwpEbGdrcN5Y29ycA
>     .
>

> I can't see how to tell from either link where the sameAs assertion
> connecting Jackson to Rodrick came from. Can you show me how to
> discern the provenance of that particular triple?

http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=2
<http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2FMichael_Jackson&tp=2>
. That's how you discern its from OpenCyc since each datasets is loaded
into its now Named Graph.

Even easier: follow the link, the copy the value of @href from "About:
XYZ.." or just click on the About: XYZ hyperlink and you'll find
yourself in the OpenCyc data space :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com