Re: LOD Cloud Cache Stats

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

>  On 4/7/11 10:19 AM, glenn mcdonald wrote:
>
>  Create a new conversation and then you own the context.
>>

>  What? On what internet are mailing-list participants not allowed to say
> anything that the person who wrote the subject-line doesn't consider
> relevant? If you want to enforce "context owning" rules on your corporate
> announcement blog, go right ahead. But if you're going to post your
> corporate announcements to public mailing lists, you have to toughen up and
> deal with results you don't control.
>

> Glenn,
>
> Here's what I mean, in step by form:
>
> 1. Write a post to the mailing list of interests using the title: Linked
> Data Quality issues, or what whatever you deem appropriate for the
> discussion / conversation you seek
> 2. Hit send.
>
> Done.

No, you forgot step 3: recognize that you don't get to control what other
people say in response.

You've done far worse damage to "your" thread by using it to demonstrate
that you're a pompous ass than I've done by suggesting that it's
appropriate, when presented with numbers, to ask questions about the data
they represent.