Re: [ANN] Linked Open Colors

Suggested future work:
* Relate each colour to a brightness, hue and saturation URI. Maybe also
link to RDF documents for the combinations of b+h, n+s and h+s so people
can see variants of saturation, brightness and hue.
* Link to the complimentary colour (inverse)
* Link to the harmonious colours
* Link to the nearest 'web safe' colour.
* Give all colours a label, even if it's just the label for the nearest
web safe color. If
http://linkedopencolors.appspot.com/color/rgb/85a3ce.rdf said 'light
blue' somewhere it would have far more utility.
* Define some useful predicates; for example to relate an image to the
major colour(s) used within it.
* provide a .png as well as .rdf and .html so people can link to a
swatch of the colour.
* provide a recommended way to indicate transparency (which is possibly
separate from colour?) Perhaps also other properties like reflectivity etc.

Anyhow, I've knocked up a quick image-to-RDF service;
http://graphite.ecs.soton.ac.uk/img2rdf/

Example output: http://is.gd/3h0Ais

I've limited it to 10K pixels for now. Code available on request.

--
Christopher Gutteridge -- http://id.ecs.soton.ac.uk/person/1248

You should read the ECS Web Team blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/