Re: Any objections against using xsd:anySimpleType or rdfs:Literal as the rdfs:range for OWL datatype properties?

Using xsd:simpleType would discard the case of using XML Literal (for
example a GML encoded Geometry). Literal seems to be a safer bet.
I wish to see in a future version of RDF, a mechanism to valid XML literal
with an XML schema complex type or element.
I think a datatype should only be restricted to XML schema. I have created
and used in many instances custom datatype that could not be described with
XML schema: for example a value with a unit of measure  ( :Box dim:length
"10 cm"^^myns:measure ).

Best regards
Stephane Fellah