Re: Next version of the LOD cloud diagram. Please provide input, so that your dataset is included.

I was able to create a new OpenID and use that to update the documentation
for the following entries:

http://www.ckan.net/package/taxonconcept

http://www.ckan.net/package/geospecies

I have a number of links to GeoNames in GeoSpecies, but have not been able
to get a count yet.

This RDF will give you some idea of the GeoSpecies interlinking.

http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ses/mCcSp.rdf

There is some overlap between the GeoSpecies and TaxonConcept data sets that
will be cleaned up in the future.

There was a reason for this which will make sense in the future :-)

For now, the GeoSpecies species are a subset of all the species in
TaxonConcept, but with a slightly different conceptualization.

Both are available at the sparql end point
http://lsd.taxonconcept.org/sparql

along with the EUNIS and other related data sets. (I am currently updating
the endpoint's data from in Bio2RDF and the GNI.)

There is more information available here:
http://www.taxonconcept.org/sparql-endpoint/

Respectfully,

- Pete

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are in the process of drawing the next version of the LOD cloud diagram.
> This time it is likely to contain around 180 datasets altogether having a
> size of around 20 billion RDF triples.
>
> For drawing the next version of the LOD cloud, we have started to collect
> meta-information about the datasets to be included on CKAN, a registry of
> open data and content packages provided by the Open Knowledge Foundation.
>
> The list of datasets about which we have already collected information is
> be found here:
>
> http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/
>
> In addition to basic meta-information about a dataset such as its size and
> the number of links pointing at other datasets, we also collect additional
> meta-information about the license of the dataset, alternative access
> options like SPARQL endpoints or dataset dumps, and whether there exist a
> voiD description of the dataset or a Semantic Web Sitemap.
>
> So if your dataset is not listed yet and you want to have it included into
> the next version of the LOD cloud, please add it to CKAN until next
> Wednesday (September 8th, 2010).
>
> Also, if we have collected wrong information about your dataset or if your
> dataset is only partially described up till now, it would be great if you
> could add the missing information.
>
> Guidelines about how to add datasets to CKAN as well as about the tags that
> we are using to annotate the datasets are found here:
>
> http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
>
> We thank all contributors in advance for their input and help, which
> hopefully will allow us to draw the next version of the LOD cloud as
> accurate as possible.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anja Jentzsch, Richard Cyganiak, Chris Bizer

Pete DeVries
Department of Entomology
University of Wisconsin - Madison
445 Russell Laboratories