Re: Please allow JS access to Ontologies and LOD

Hi Martin,

Great work! sadly though purl.org currently doesn't allow JS/CORS access
so it won't work :( this is true for everybody who use PURLz.

see:
http://groups.google.com/group/persistenturls/browse_thread/thread/d4c5d9880b4fb5fb

for the request to add, please do add weight if you want them to make it
so - note that this will allow the redirects to be JS/CORS compatible,
it's still up to each end URI/domain to allow CORS support (as martin
has done).

Best,

Nathan

Martin Hepp wrote:
> Hi Nathan, all:
>
> I just fixed this for GoodRelations
>
>    http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1
>
> and the Vehicle Sales Ontology (VSO):
>
>   http://purl.org/vso/ns
>
> Best wishes
>
> Martin
>

> On 23.10.2010, at 03:28, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Thanks, I can confirm the change has been successful :)
>>
>> However, one small note is that the conneg URIs such as
>> http://productdb.org/gtin/00319980033520 do not expose the header,
>> thus can't be used.
>>
>> In order to test yourself, simply do a curl -I request on the
>> resource, for instance:
>>
>> curl -I http://productdb.org/gtin/00319980033520.rdf
>>
>> Also, I've just uploaded a small script which lets you enter a uri of
>> an RDF/XML document, it'll try and pull it, parse it and display it as
>> turtle for you - which is a good test of both CORS and the script ;)
>>  http://webr3.org/apps/play/api/test
>>
>> FYI, Dan has also made the change so the FOAF vocab is now exposed to JS.
>>
>> Best and thanks again,
>>
>> Nathan
>>
>> Ian Davis wrote:
>>> Hi Nathan,
>>> I implemented this header on http://productdb.org/ (since I had the
>>> code open). Can someone comfirm that it does what's expected (i.e.
>>> allows off-domain requesting of data from productdb.org)
>>> One important thing to note. The PHP snippet you gave was slightly
>>> wrong. The correct form is:
>>> header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *");
>>> Cheers,