Re: AW: ANN: LOD Cloud - Statistics and compliance with best practices

On 10/21/10 8:45 AM, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
> (cutting down lists as cross-posting is against W3C list policy)
>
> I'm in general with Chris. Of course RDFa is/can be used to do Linked Data.
> But rather than wasting our time in ranting how bad the world is, how about
> just making it a better place?
>
> 1. Clearly, we need to motivate why interlinking is  beneficial or at least
> offer 3rd party services that do the job for the publishers (if they don't
> see the benefit or have other priorities).
>
> 2. Again, rather than discussing endlessly about what is fair and what is
> not and who should be there and who not and so on ... hey, it's the Web. An
> open, free ecosystem where you can just put up your own visualisation,
> diagram, stats, etc. - tthe community will then decide how valuable and
> useful it is.
>
> /me back to work now; trying to help solve the issues rather than talking
> about it in the first place ;)
>
> Correcting one factual error in Gio's post, though:
>
>> So danny ayers has fun linking to dbpedia so he is in there with his
>> joke dataset, but you cant credibly bring that argument to large
>> retailers so they're left out?
> Denny Vrandecic.
>
> Cheers,
>        Michael

Michael,

Bottom line, the community needs to imbibe the Nike motto: Just Do It!

Burning cycles on conversations that are basically indirect-speak for:
"could you also do this for me, in your own time etc..", gets us
nowhere. Every contribution matters, but we can't indirectly put the
burden on a few community members, repeatedly.

Everyone: Just Do It!

The Web of Linked Data is about the freedom to say anything, about
anything, whenever, and from wherever etc..

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen