Re: Ontos links to LOD

  On 10/20/10 5:33 AM, Christian Ehrlich wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please note that Ontos is about to integrate its news portal
> [http://news.ontos.com] into the Linked Data Cloud. Ontos' GUIDs for objects
> are now dereferencable - the resulting RDF contains owl:sameAs-attributes to
> DBpedia, Freebase and others (check e. g. the entry for Barack Obama
> [http://www.ontosearch.com/2008/01/rdf/EID-2e70185c38e929aa90049982de43414c]
> ).
>
> Within the portal Ontos crawls news articles from diverse online sources,
> uses its cutting-edge NLP technology to extract facts (objects and relations
> between them), merges these information with existing ones and stores them
> including respective references to the original news article - all of this
> fully automatically. Facts from Ontos' portal are accessible via a RESTful
> HTTP API. Fetching data is free - in order to receive an API key, developers
> have to register (e-mail address only!) at Ontos' homepage
> [http://www.ontos.com].
>
> For humans Ontos provides a search interface at http://www.ontosearch.com.
> It allows to look-up objects in the database and viewing respective
> summaries in HTML or RDF.
>
> The generated RDF does currently contain a small part of existing
> information (e. g. no article references yet) and owl:sameAs is only
> supported for Persons and Organizations. Ontos will extend the respective
> content step-by-step.
>
> Any tests with our API as well as comments are highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ehrlich
> Ontos AG
>
> Telefon: +49 341 21559-10
> Telefax: +49 341 21559-11
> Mobil:   +49 173 8745000
> christian.ehrlich@ontos.com
> http://www.ontos.com

Cool!

Links from initial lookups:

1.
http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ontosearch.com%2F2008%2F01%2Fidentification%23EID-2e70185c38e929aa90049982de43414c&sid=8091
-- URIBurner Descriptor Page

2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fwww.ontosearch.com%2F2008%2F01%2Frdf%2FEID-2e70185c38e929aa90049982de43414c&
-- OpenLink Data Explore View .

Also added to queue re. NLP Meta Cartridge implementation. Once done, it
will sit alongside OpenCalais, AlchemyAPI, Zemanta re. standard Meta
Cartridges re. Virtuoso Linked Data Middleware (aka "Sponger").

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen