Re: Summary for Extending geo for Areas with a Radius, Test Vocabulary and Sample RDF

  On 10/11/10 2:52 PM, Peter DeVries wrote:

> After reviewing the feedback I created a test vocabulary and RDF file.
>
> The test vocabulary is in it's own namespace and called dwc_area.
>
> It is here: http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ontology/dwc_area.owl
>
> The HTML Document is here
> http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ontology/dwc_area_doc/index.html (For some
> reason protege did not include the imported geo vocabulary)
>
> I also made up a small test file that uses both the new geo URI and an
> shows the suggested way to include a radius measure.
>
> It is here: http://lod.taxonconcept.org/rdf/area_example.rdf
>
> It should show up in Sindice soon, and already works in URIburner.
> (I did submit an earlier incorrect earlier version into Sindice that
> might still be cached)
>
> Here is what the RDF looks like in URIBurner
>
> <
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/lod.taxonconcept.org/rdf/area_example.rdf
> >

> To get to each of the three "Areas" you need to click on the links in
> the *topics* list
>
> ** Note that the final location of the vocabulary is unclear. It will
> probably end up in the DarwinCore vocabular or in my txn vocabulary.*
> ** It might also make sense to keep it a separate?*

seeAlso the following:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Flod.taxonconcept.org%2Fontology%2Fdwc_area.owl
-- ODE view of the Ontology
2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ontology/dwc_area.owl%23Area
-- Alternative Descriptor Page

Peter: adding isDefinedBy relations across: Ontology, Classes, and
Properties, will make the ontology more navigable via #2 above. It will
also make the ontology URI a pivot point from the Classes and Properties
descriptor pages :-)

> [SNIP]

> - Pete
> Pete DeVries