Re: SPARQL servers used in the LOD Cloud

On 1 Oct 2010, at 15:02, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> From what I've seen, at any given time 10-20% of the LOD Cloud
>> SPARQL endpoints seem to be down ...
>
> Yes, we are planning a cloud driven by a database that stores no/off
> status data culled from probes. Thus, when released you will have
> data and a visual (Green, Amber, Red) that helps Linked Data agents
> discover which SPARQL endpoints are live at a given time.

Great idea, looking forward to it. We need more information about the
quality and usefulness of datasets. Quality and usefulness are hard to
measure automatically, but measuring uptime/availability is a great
start -- if the endpoint is offline, then it's certainly not useful.

Best,
Richard