Re: Migrating from slash to fragment

The CRS software (which drives sameas.org in a simplified form), always names a "canon" for this very reason.
So the owner of a domain and associated CRS can recommend a URI for use, which can be found by providing any URI.
One important point is that it provides this pseudo-authority without generating a new URI, so it doesn’t make the multiple URI problem worse.

So if you have http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/id/people-0a36cf76d1a3e99f9267ce3d0b95e42e-083eb130820659769b083b85f3665078
then http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/crs/export/?uri=http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/id/people-0a36cf76d1a3e99f9267ce3d0b95e42e-083eb130820659769b083b85f3665078
tells you that the people who run dblp.rkbexplorer.com (or at least the associated CRS) would prefer you to use
http://dblp.rkbexplorer.com/id/people-0a36cf76d1a3e99f9267ce3d0b95e42e-083eb130820659769b083b85f3665078

We think that this ability to converge on agreed URIs (in a facilitative rather than authoritative way), and even support the mapping from deprecated URIs to new ones, is an important part of the LD infrastructure.

Best