Re: [foaf-protocols] replacing email with atom and foaf+ssl

On 3 May 2010, at 22:02, Nathan wrote:

>>> All in all:
>>> Sounds feasible and pretty much fully spec'd if going down the atompub
>>> route, perhaps linked data + sparql/sparul/pubsubhubbub is the long term
>>> route but I'm quite sure it would take a bit more work to both implement
>>> and encourage adoption. Brining the REST and Linked Data communities
>>> together is critical though, and can only be a good thing for the future
>>> of the web.
>>>
>>> Thanks for bringing this to the table Henry,
>>
>> Thanks for the feedback, and helping me clarify.
>>

> My primary question - in order to get on and start prototyping - is what
> to use as the property to link a webid to the atompub container(s).

Not sure you need this to start prototyping, though it would certainly be
a useful relation.

All you need is a link in the foaf to a ping endpoint. And I think we are just
waiting for Sebastian Dietzold to publish that.

What the publisher needs to do is ping the agents he is sending the
'mail'/entry to. He knows their WebId. All he needs to do is look there to find
the ping endpoint, and send a ping. We may need something a little more advanced
than ping, but not much.

Does that help?