Re: Moinmoin->MediaWiki for esw

Ted,

I asked and the answer is, unfortunately, negative:-( The personal
accounts have not been transferred from one system to the other and
therefore this change could not be done. Sorry about that. We may try to
find some other ways to make you a Very Very Happy through some other
means:-)

Ivan

On 2010-3-17 15:24 , Ted Thibodeau Jr wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2010, at 10:09 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> The only difference in practice is the access control.
>
> Well...
>
> As you note, user registration (and thus, attribution) is different.
> For instance, on MoinMoin, I was TedThibodeauJr.  My W3C login is
> Tthibodeau...
>
> I'm not sure whether it's tied to this, or just something that was
> not considered -- but Watchlists ("Subscribe" on MoinMoin parlance)
> have been lost.
>
> I am pleased that this MediaWiki install appears to have the "send me
> mail when Watchlist pages are changed" option enabled, so I can get
> the same functionality in the end ... but now I have to click through
> to a great many pages, and Watch them.
>
> I don't know whether there's any easy mechanism for you to make this
> happen automatedly, but I'd be Very Very Happy if there is.
>
> Be seeing you,
>
> Ted
>

> --
> A: Yes.                      http://www.guckes.net/faq/attribution.html
> | Q: Are you sure?
> | | A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>
> Ted Thibodeau, Jr.           //               voice +1-781-273-0900 x32
> Evangelism & Support         //        mailto:tthibodeau@openlinksw.com
>                              //              http://twitter.com/TallTed
> OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
>         10 Burlington Mall Road, Suite 265, Burlington MA 01803
>                                  http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/uda/
> OpenLink Blogs              http://www.openlinksw.com/weblogs/virtuoso/
>                                http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/
>     Universal Data Access and Virtual Database Technology Providers

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153
FOAF   : http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf
vCard  : http://www.ivan-herman.net/HermanIvan.vcf