Re: RelFinder - Version 1.0 released

Steffen Lohmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we are happy to announce the release of version 1.0 of the RelFinder.
>
> The RelFinder is a tool that extracts and visualizes relationships
> between given objects in Semantic Web datasets and makes these
> relationships interactively explorable.
> It advances the idea of the DBpedia Relationship Finder by offering
> improved visualization and exploration techniques and working with any
> dataset that provides SPARQL access. Some key features are:
>
> - relationships even between more than two given objects (all
> visualized in one 'relationship graph')
> - easy configurability of the accessed dataset and search parameters
> (via settings menu or config file)
> - aggregations and global filters (based on relationship length,
> class, link type, connectivity)
> - highly interactive visualization (highlighting, red thread,
> pick&pin, details on demand, animations)
>
> The RelFinder is implemented in Adobe Flex and requires only a
> Webbrowser with installed Flash Player. Give it a try at
> http://relfinder.semanticweb.org and discover relationships that you
> have not been aware of before ;-)
>
> Thanks go to Jens Lehmann, Jürgen Ziegler, Lena Tetzlaff, Laurent
> Alquier & Sebastian Hellmann.
>
> Best regards,
> Philipp, Timo & Steffen

Steffen,

Very cool!

Please add: http://uriburner.com/sparql to the default list of SPARQL
endpoints. The effect of doing this ups the implications of this tool
exponentially! Try it yourself e.g. Google to Apple (use the DBpedia URIs).

The density of the graph, the response time provide quite an experience
to the user (especially a Linked Data neophyte).

Notes about URIBurner:

1. Quad Store is populated progressively with contributions by anyone
that uses the service to seek structured descriptions of an HTTP
accessible resource via ODE bookmarklets, browser extensions, or SPARQL
FROM Clause that references external Data Sources
2. As part of the graph construction process it not only performs RDF
model transformation (re. non RDF data sources); it also performs LOD
cloud lookups and joins, ditto across 30+ Web 2.0 APIs
3. Anyone with a Virtuoso installation that enables the RDF Mapper VAD
(which is how the Sponger Middleware is packaged) ends up with their own
personal or service specific variant of URIBurner.

Again, great stuff, this tool is going to simplify the message, a lot
re., Linked Data and its penchant for serendipitous discovery of
relevant things.

President & CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com