Re: SPARQL: sorting resources by label?

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 21:01 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 14 March 2010 20:04, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I use something like:
> >
> >        OPTIONAL {
> >          ?subject ?labelprop ?label .
> >          GRAPH <http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/label-properties> {
> >            ?labelprop a
> <http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/label-properties#LabelProperty> .
> >          }
> >          FILTER( isLiteral(?label) )
> >        }
> >
> > Having first loaded
> http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/label-properties into
> > the store.
>
> I like your idea of wrapping all the label properties up, but don't
> you need to run subproperty inference before the query will work?

Assuming that the label property being used is listed at
http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/label-properties, then it works without any
inferencing. If the label property being used is a rdfs:subPropertyOf or
owl:equivalentProperty of one of the listed properties, then, yes,
inferencing is needed of course. But frankly, anybody using a labelling
property that's not listed there deserves everything they get!

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>