Re: Earthquake in Chile; Ideas? to help

Aldo,

On 3/1/2010 3:09 PM, Aldo Bucchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Massimo Di Pierro
> <mdipierro@cs.depaul.edu>  wrote:
>
>> This software was used for Haiti
>>
>>   http://www.sahanapy.org/
>>
>> Here it is in production for Haiti
>>
>>   http://haiti.sahanafoundation.org/prod/
>>
>> and here it is for Chile
>>
>>   http://chile.sahanafoundation.org/live
>>
> Oh.
> Who put this up?
> I am impressed by ( and thankful of ) the amount of efforts we are not aware of!
> Now. The issue is quickly starting to become: data integration.

Data integration is always the issue.

Ever since there were two languages for communication. ;-)

Rather than attempting to choose (or force) a choice of an ontology, I
would suggest creating a topic map to provide an integration layer over
diverse data. That allows users to work with systems most familiar to
them, which should allow them to get underway more quickly as well as
more accurately. While allowing for integration of diverse sources.

Besides, as the relief effort evolves, things not contemplated at the
outset are going arise. Topic maps can easily adapt to include such
information.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

>>> http://www.univrz.com/