Re: Subjects as Literals, [was Re: The Ordered List Ontology]

Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:18:25 -0700
> Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Here are the reasons I voted this way:
>>
>> - it will mess up RDF/XML
>
> No it won't - it will just mean that RDF/XML is only capable of
> representing a subset of RDF graphs. And guess what? That's already
> the case.

Yes! +100

we all keep saying RDF isn't RDF/XML don't we..?

Perhaps, RDF is really N3, with N3 Rules etc which expand it, and then
different serializations support subsets of that - the RDF/XML spec
already appears to be only a spec for RDF/XML not RDF (broadly speaking)
maybe it just needs that said in a normative way so we can get on and
build what we all really need, define a core RDF non serialization
specific Rec/Spec then go from there - nobody says each serialization
*must* handle all of RDF, but perhaps levels of conformance could be
added to each serialization spec
- has graph literals/formulae/nested graphs Y/N
- has literal subjects y/n
- supports rules y/n
etc

Best,