Re: [foaf-protocols] Yet Another FOAF+SSL ACL Test: ACLs Baton Passing

I started this thread to as a way to get us thinking about this
fundamental shortcoming of the WAC pattern as described in the initial
paper [1] and the Wiki [2].

The pattern where agents can deref the resource in order to discover
the ACL of that resource is viable for cases where the agent already
has access to the resource. However, cases where the agent needs to
gain access to the resource itself needs another pattern; one which
I've not seen proposed/documented anywhere.

[1] http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2009/Papers/ISWC/rdf-access-control/paper.pdf
[2] http://esw.w3.org/WebAccessControl

mca
http://amundsen.com/blog/