Re: ANNOUNCE: lod-announce list

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Angelo Veltens
<angelo.veltens@online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ian Davis schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Now we are getting a steady growth in the number of Linked Data sites,
>> products and services I thought it was time to create a low-volume
>> announce list for Linked Data related announcements so people can keep
>> up to date without needing to wade through the LOD discussion.
>>
>> You can join the list at http://groups.google.com/group/lod-announce
>
> Sounds find, but is it possible to subscribe to the list without a google account?

Yes. The Google Groups site doesn't make it particularly easy to find
from the lod-announce group homepage, but see

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=46606&cbid=-o2vzb2h0iyxw&src=cb&lev=index

"Q: How do I subscribe to a group?"
"A: You can subscribe to a group through our web interface or via
email. To subscribe to a group through our web interface, simply log
in to your Google Account and visit the group of your choice. Then
click the "Join this group" link on the right-hand side of the page
under "About this group." To subscribe to a group via email, send an
email to [Groupname]+subscribe@googlegroups.com. For example, if you
wanted to join a group called google-friends, you'd send an email to
google-friends+subscribe@googlegroups.com"

cheers,

Dan