Re: Please stop massive crawling against http://openean.kaufkauf.net/id/

Robert Fuller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sindice clearly identifies itself in the user agent http header.
> Currently we use these user agents:
>
> 1. "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; sindice-fetcher/0.1.0
> +http://sindice.com/developers/bot)"
>
> 2. "SindiceFetcher/Ping Manager (http://sindice.com/developers/bot"
>
> 3. "sindice.net ontology fetcher"
>
> Niceness is implemented in our main fetcher. In some cases there may
> be bursts on sites providing distributed ontologies. Speaking with the
> group here it seems unlikely that we have not been hitting
> kaufkauf.net,  however if you can provide an IP address I can do some
> further verification.
>
> I understand that http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql is now hosted at
> DERI, and I wonder could some of the traffic be related to that?
> Again, if you can provide an IP address I will do some further
> verification.

Robert,

As indicated by Martin, the <http://lod.openlinksw.com> instance hosted
at DERI should negate the need to go back to the original source.

Others:

The LOD Cloud Cache at DERI is a live Virtuoso instance with 15 Billion+
Triples loaded. It covers as much of the LOD Cloud as we've be able to
get our hands on plus 6.4 Billion Triples from the Data.Gov effort.

I'll drop a more detailed note about this instance (via blog post) once
we are done with data loading (there's a massive collection of eCommerce
oriented Products & Services data to be loaded amongst others).

Kingsley

> Kind regards,
> Rob.
>
> --