RE: Organization ontology

Mike:

I purposely am avoiding using "OrganizationType" . . .

Note that:

Tax Status = C Corp, S-Corp, Non-Profit

Entity (Types) (Private) = Corporation, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership, Trust (there are others)

Entity (Types) (Public) = State, County, Municipality, Agency, Court, Parrish (there are others)

The above are U.S. terms, not international.

I use Roles and RoleAssociations to show relationships among unique people and organizations.

ABC, Inc.
- Role = Parent Company
- Identifer = ABC001
- RoleAssociation = XYZ001

XYZ, Inc.
- Role = Subsidiary
- Identifier = XYZ001
- RoleAssociation = ABC001

Jason Taylor
- Role = CEO
- Identifier = CEO001
- RoleAssociation = ABC001

- Role = Shareholder
- Identifier = Shareholder001
- RoleAssociation = XYZ001

I use alternate names to refer to the same person or entity using a different name.

ABC, Inc. dba Neighborhood Pool Cleaners

Organization
- Name = ABC, Inc.
- AlternateName = Neighborhood Pool Cleaners
- AlternateName@AlternateNameType = "Doing Business As"

Use sunscreen. ☺

Todd