Re: Representing relation between posts

Hi Daniel,

On 2 Jun 2010, at 07:49, Daniel Schwabe wrote:

> On 02/06/10 00:17  - 02/06/10, KangHao Lu (Kenny) wrote:
>>
>> On 2010/06/02, at 7:20, Daniel Schwabe wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> is there a preferred way to represent the relation between posts in different Social Sites? For example, it is now pretty common to post to Twitter, and this post becomes a post in my wall in Facebook. It would be nice to represent the relation between these two posts.
>>> I don't think this can be represented directly using SIOC, for instance.
>>
>> dc:source ?
>>
>> I can't really believe that SIOC does not have this feature.
>>
> Well, I could not find it, hence my question. Hopefully the SIOC Gurus may have an answer...
>
> As Stuart pointed out, we want to capture the fact that it is the same post, but within different "contexts". In many cases, they will be generated automatically...

As Nathan, suggested, the sioc:sibling has been designed for that

http://rdfs.org/sioc/spec/#term_sibling

"An Item may have a sibling or a twin that exists in a different Container, but the siblings may differ in some small way (for example, language, category, etc.). The sibling of this Item should be self-describing (that is, it should contain all available information)."

Won't it be enough for your needs ?

Best,

Alex.

--