Re: Show me the money - (was Subjects as Literals)

  On 7/11/2010 4:25 AM, Dave Reynolds wrote:

> Jena, which Jeremy's software is based on, *does* allow literals as
> subjects internally (the Graph SPI) and the rule reasoners *do* work
> with generalized triples just as most such RDF reasoners do. However, we
> go to some lengths to stop the generalized triples escaping. So the lack
> of subjects as triples in the exchange syntax or the publicly
> standardized model has had no detrimental impact on our ability to work
> with them internally.

I have noticed similar points - a lot of reasoner based software, and
graph internals software, and probably triple storage software will
allow subjects as literals - but when considering systems and
applications that actually do something useful (rather than just the
internals) then you interface with people, and the difference between a
literal and something else is crucial. This is where I see the costs.

Jeremy